One click away
from more affordable Internet & Phone!
This policy explains how Eyesurf Corp collects, uses, and safeguards your personal information. Please also see our Terms & Conditions
Basic Principles of Handling Your Personal Information
As part of our commitment to treat your personal information with respect, we operate in accordance with the following seven principles (the "Principles"):
Principle 1 - Accountability
We will maintain and protect the personal information under our control. We have designated an individual or individuals who is/are accountable for compliance with the Principles.
Principle 2 - Identifying Purposes
The purposes for which personal information is collected by us will be identified to you before or at the time the information is collected.
Principle 3 - Consent
Except where required or permitted by law, your informed consent is required for our collection, use or disclosure of your personal information.
Principle 4 - Limiting Use, Disclosure and Retention
We will only use or disclose your personal information in accordance with the purposes for which it was originally collected or when it is required or permitted by law. We will retain your personal information only for so long as is required to fulfill the purpose for which it was collected or as required by law.
Principle 5 - Safeguarding Customer Information
We shall utilize no less than industry standards security safeguards to protect your personal information.
Principle 6 - Openness
Principle 7 - Handling Customer Complaints and Suggestions
You may direct any questions or enquiries with respect to the Principles or about our information handling practices by contacting Eyesurf Customer Service at 519 804 7873
Purpose for Collection
Generally speaking, the following are the main purposes for which we collect personal information:
1. In order to provide the telecommunications and/or long distance and Internet products and services (collectively, the "Service") that you request and to which you subscribe. We will also use the information to contact you regarding your subscription and for purposes of processing your payment obligations for the Service.
2. We use personal information, your e-mail or mailing address to reply to e-mails and questions or requests you send to us.
3. If you subscribe to the Service online, we only request the information needed to complete the processing of your orders and billing. We may share your personal information with your credit card company or bank depending on payment method.
4. We also use the personal information you have provided to us to communicate with you and safeguard your interests. We may send you important notices, or respond to special needs you may have. We may also send information about our other products and services in which you may be interested.
Types of Information We Collect
The type of personal information we may ask for depends on and is related to the reason (or purpose) such personal information was provided to us. The following is a description of the type of personal information that we may ask for: (i) contact information, (ii) billing information (including, without limitation, credit card information and /or banking information.
When Information May be Disclosed to Outside Parties
The following are the limited instances where we may disclose your personal information to third parties:
1. To parties required to complete your subscription to the Service and for purposes of allowing you to make use of the Service and/or to respond to requests made by you
2. To investigate potentially fraudulent or questionable activities regarding your account(s) or the use of the Service
3. In anticipation of and in the course of an actual or potential sale, reorganization, consolidation, merger or amalgamation of our business
4. When required or permitted by law.
5. In the event that your balance is not paid for an excessive period of time (at least 45 days) we reserve the right to disclose your contact information to third party collection agencies for the sole purpose of resolving your balance
6. The type of information we are legally required to disclose may relate to criminal investigations or government reporting requirements. Only the information specifically requested is disclosed and we take precautions to satisfy ourselves that the authorities which are making the request have legitimate grounds to do so. We reserve the right to co-operate with local, national, or international law enforcement or other authorities in the investigation of improper or unlawful activities and this may require the disclosure of personal information. If such an investigation requires disclosure of personal information kept in our records, we may be required by law to cooperate. We also reserve the right to report improper or unlawful user activities on the Site, which may require the disclosure of personal information relating to those individuals conducting such improper or unlawful activities.
How We Safeguard Your Information
We use industry standard technologies and maintain current security standards to ensure that your personal information is protected against theft, loss, unauthorized access, disclosure, inappropriate alteration or misuse. Electronic customer files are kept in a highly secured environment with restricted access. Paper-based files are stored in locked filing cabinets. Access is also restricted. We manage our server environment appropriately and our firewall infrastructure is strictly adhered to. Our security practices are reviewed on a regular basis and we routinely employ current technologies to ensure that the confidentiality and privacy of your information is not compromised.
Accessing and Amending Your Information
You have the right to access, verify and amend the information held in your personal files. You may access and verify any of your information by calling our customer contact centre at 519-804-7873. To help us keep your personal information up-to-date, we encourage you to amend inaccuracies and make corrections as often as necessary.
Questions, Concerns, Complaints and Withdrawing Consent
Please call Eyesurf Customer Service 519 804 7873. Before we are able to provide you with any information or correct any inaccuracies, however, we may ask you to verify your identity and to provide other details to help us to respond to your request. We will endeavor to respond within an appropriate timeframe.